A. In our previous post we addressed the Big Bang and Age of the Universe and Earth questions. Now we will take a look at the origins of life and what is known as Evolutionary Theory.. Evolutionary theory (ET) or more appropriately, the evolutionary hypothesis, traces it origin to Darwin. It has gained such popularity that it is taught as fact in science books and in our public schools and colleges despite the fact that no evidence exists that any species has evolved from another. ET is based on the premise that through random mutation and natural selection (RMNS) sufficient change can take place that a new species can arise from another and that if the change results in an organism being better adapted to its environment, it will survive and replace the original. Unfortunately there are ‘fatal flaws" in this hypothesis.
A few are described below.
- ET says that there was a continuum in the timeline from atoms to molecules to cells that reproduce, to primitive life, to complex life, to human beings today. Accordingly we should find massive evidences of this continuum. We only find steps in time and fossils, fossils then millions of years then suddenly new fossils with new life forms with no continuum of the process. The theory was changed to say that now we have a punctuated equilibrium with no explanation as to why and how and that it contradicts their basic ET.
- The ET states that random mutations result in the survival of the fittest. Therefore we should find millions of life forms which have failed. We find NONE, NOT ONE.
- ET states that life progressed in a continuum through simple then to complex life then to species and ultimately humans. We find No, NOT ONE intermediate species between species, while there should be millions if not billions of such.
- We see no evidence of the ET processes today. ET says this is because there is not enough time for us to observe it. The dinosaurs were here for 265 million years, while man was here for 30 to 50,000 years. The dinosaurs should have been flying computerized jet planes according to ET, yet remained dinosaurs.
- Many species today exhibit life processes that directly contradict ET and are not possible through RMNS. Examples, monarch butterflies, honeybees, SA frog, fruit fly Drusilla's, etc..
- ET is a violation of second law of thermodynamics which state that left alone things go from organization to disorganization, not the other way.
- Having the laws of physics, the periodic table of elements, the concept of time space, and mass, are not explainable by anything but a creator God. ET cannot explain these things.
- Human characteristics such as love, compassion, music, art, jealousy, an awareness of a Creator, cannot be explained by ET.
- The many detailed predictions in Scripture are a dilemma for ET, especially since so many have been fulfilled in exact detail hundreds of years after made.
There are more fatal flaws of ET at higher technical levels. You can read about them in the book, Navigating Genesis, by Hugh Ross.
Again, the Bible is and always has been the Word of God and is correct and 100% trustworthy.